Allied Health Improvement Group
30 & 31 October 2019 - Gold Coast
Meeting Code HRT1914
Our Allied Health Improvement Group, in partnership with the Australasian Allied Health Benchmarking Consortium (AAHBC) has been collecting and comparing Allied Health activity data for over 18 years. The data is used to drive change and innovation in the delivery of patient care. In 2017 the theme was "Demand vs Capacity in delivery Allied services for acute patients". We benchmarked 5.1 million Allied Hours of service across 900,000 patients looking for service outliers, trying to help identify if more or less is better.
In 2019 the theme is "What is High- and Low-Value Care in Allied Health". How do our referrers, co-care providers and patients view our services? Where should we amplify and where should we dis-invest?
Allied Health Improvement Group reporting will focus on Allied Health activity in hospital for Inpatients, Outpatients and ED patients to identify variation. We will encourage discussion on where Allied activity is considerably different from the group average for a cohort of patients in your hospital.
What do you need to do?
- Designate a liaison representative as a key contact for this group.
- Provide detailed activity data from your Allied Health system.
- Use the Allied Health reports to identify differences in practice, and contact other participants to identify innovations in patient care.
- Select an improvement project based on the data, and share your results with other organisations at the annual meeting.
- Organise a delegation and attend the annual meeting—up to 4 delegates.
What does The Health Roundtable do?
- Collect and process your annual Allied Health data.
- Merge Allied Health data with inpatient episode data to provide a suite of comparative reports.
- Facilitate the annual meeting to identify innovative practices and encourage action to improve the patient journey.