Maternity Service Improvement Group
Annual two-day collaborative event on
The Cascade of Intervention in Childbirth
18-19 April 2018
Rydges Hotel, Southbank, Brisbane
Collaborative Event Code HRT1805
The aim of this group is to improve the provision of safe maternity care by sharing information on implementing innovative and effective practices. The group receives 6-monthly reports that contain both operational and clinical data and shares information through an annual workshop.
This year, the Maternity Improvement Group will consider the "Cascade of Intervention in childbirth" and its impact on women and babies as well as the provision of in hospital maternity services. We will consider your own hospital data and Health Roundtable aggregate data along with Innovations addressing the key topics:
- Iatrogenic onset of birth
- Induction of labour
- Emergency caesarean section
The Maternity Improvement Group meeting is an excellent forum for discussion of the cascade of intervention to facilitate birth and outcomes for mothers and babies. It is also a great opportunity to explore more fully your maternity outcomes and activity data, hear from leading experts in the field and share innovations from our membership. We hope you can join this growing group and share your wisdom as well as gaining new knowledge from your peers.
What do you need to do?
- Designate a maternity liaison representative to act as a key contact with The HRT collaborative event organiser
- Review definitions and updated reports for questions, comments, or issues to be discussed at the collaborative event.
- Organise a delegation to attend the annual collaborative event in Brisbane.
- Identify one innovation from your service to present to colleagues at the collaborative event.
- Work with colleagues to identify one potential service innovation to explore.
What does The Health Roundtable do?
- Produces reports extracting data from the inpatient episode collection, highlighting trends and differences in performance.
- Works with key maternity contacts to organise an annual collaborative event and any special survey materials.
- Facilitates the annual collaborative event and provides a summary report based on the discussions.
- Provides phone and webcast support to all members to assist with data interpretation.