The Medical Patent Journey Improvement Group formed in 2018, bringing together the previous Chronic Disease and Readmissions improvement groups.
The benchmarking report for this group was an entirely new format, aiming to consider the patient journey, and focussing on patients with COPD, stroke, diabetes, chronic heart failure and dementia, as well as, for the first time for the Health Roundtable, identifying a cohort of frail patients within the inpatient data. The new frailty indicator received positive feedback from attendees who valued the additional insights regarding frail patients within the hospital setting that the report provided.
The goals of the group are to:
- Improve care for patients with chronic conditions
- Reduce unplanned avoidable readmissions
- Identify “exemplar performers” coordination of care for chronic diseases
- Learn how the exemplar hospitals are working together with primary care providers and improve coordination with your primary care service
- Share innovations in practices with an aim to improve patient experience and outcomes
We would like to invite your Health service to participate in our upcoming meeting on the 3rd of April 2019 to discuss members success and challenges in caring for medical patients and leave with an idea on solutions to improve patient care and outcomes. Click here
for more information.
If you are interested in joining this group, have suggestions for improving the reports, or need any information please contact Fiona.email@example.com
Existing members can access their group information here
Royal Adelaide Hospital Dr Toby Gilbert and Gail Prileszky General Manager Health Roundtable
Winner for 2018 From Bolus to Drip Feed and the Demise of the Safari Round