Mental Health Improvement Group
2-3 May 2018 - Sydney
Meeting Code HRT1806
The aim of this Group is to improve the provision of safe mental health services by sharing information on implementing innovative and effective practices. The group receives a series of annual reports that contain both inpatient and community data as well as some outcome measures. Separate reports are provided for adults, aged and CAMHS services. Members share information at an annual workshop.
The 2018 workshop will focus on the special topic of “Connecting beyond service
boundaries for an integrated & consumer centric care system". Members will share
information on integrated systems and working across service boundaries including
engaging with all providers to support best consumer care. Members will share
information about their practical experiences and innovations.
Comparison across hospitals in both graphs:
What do you need to do?
- Designate a mental health contact for each service group to be represented: CAMHS, Adult, or Aged Care.
- Provide an annual extract of your community mental health data for processing, and review draft data reports.
- Report progress on current Aim Statements and improvement plans.
- Organise a delegation to attend the annual workshop—up to four people per stream, including a community agency representative.
- Identify an improvement objective for implementation based on innovative ideas learnt.
What does The Health Roundtable do?
- Extract mental health inpatient data from existing health service datasets.
- Collect and analyse mental health community data, including HoNos outcome scores.
- Produce reports by Mental Health service group on key performance indicators, and inpatient DRGs.
- Facilitate the annual meeting of each service group, and provide a summary report based on the discussions.
- Provide phone and webcast support to all members to assist with data interpretation.