Nursing Improvement Group
12-13 September 2018 - Melbourne
Meeting Code HRT1818
The theme for 2018 is "Workforce model benchmarking to look at improvement opportunities for patient outcomes".
Is it as simple as “more nurses equals better care”? What impact does the nurse to
patient ratio have? How important is the skill mix of the nurses on the ward? Is there a
correlation between shorter length of stay and increase in readmission rates?
The purpose of the Nursing Improvement Group is to enable Nurse leaders to improve
patient outcomes and ensure a stable and productive nursing workforce.
What do you need to do?
- Designate a nursing liaison representative to coordinate communications including data and survey submissions, definitions, practices, and policies.
- Participate actively in teleconferences to plan the annual workshop.
- Report progress on current Aim Statements and improvement plans.
- Identify an innovative idea for implementation to improve patient outcomes.
- Organise a delegation of up to four people to attend the annual workshop.
The Health Roundtable assists by:
- Extracting casemix-adjusted patient outcome indicators from existing data collections for participating health services.
- Organising external speakers who can provide innovative ideas to improve nursing practice or patient outcomes on the selected topic.
- Facilitating the annual meeting, and providing a meeting summary.
- Follow-up with participants to track progress on their action plans.