Paediatric Care Improvement Group
3 – 4 April 2019, Melbourne
Meeting Code HRT1903
The theme of this years meeting is "Between and beyond hospital walls; integrating care for improved outcomes for children and families". The goals of the group are to: l examine different models of care; improve care for patients with chronic conditions; reduce unplanned avoidable readmissions; learn how the exemplar hospitals are working together with other hospitals and primary care providers to improve integration of care; and share innovations in practices with an aim to improve experience and outcomes for children and their families.
Our aim is to provide a forum to discuss members success and challenges in caring for children and their families and leave inspired and with ideas and an action plan to improve patient care and outcomes.
From a benchmarking viewpoint, the Health Roundtable has been working to develop a suite of paediatric reports to enable peer comparison and performance analysis. The The suite of benchmarking reports includes the following paediatric specific reports (<17 years) produced 6 monthly: Emergency Department, Hospital KPIs, Top 10, Australian National Standards and Hospital Acquired Complications (HAC) New 2019.
Information contained in the Paediatric benchmarking reports will be a useful tool for understanding paediatric services within your organisation and how it compares to others.
What do you need to do?
- Designate a key liaison contact for questions and follow-up.
- Regularly review updated reports for questions, comments or issues.
- Report on progress made on improvement aims.
- Organise a multi-disciplinary team to attend the annual workshops.
- Identify improvement objectives for implementation based on innovative ideas learnt.
What does The Health Roundtable do?
- Produce tailored ‘Paediatric only’ reports six monthly extracting data from the inpatient episode collection, highlighting trends and differences in performance.
- Invite expert speakers who can share innovative ideas on the key topic for the workshop.
- Facilitate the annual meeting, and provide help identifying innovative practices for implementation.
- Liaise with the Paediatric Steering Group to make sure The Health Roundtable data and meetings are relevant for your priorities.