Paediatric Care Improvement Group
14-15 March 2018 - Brisbane
Meeting Code HRT1804
This year we will look at "Ways to improve the experience and outcomes for children and tehir families". We will focus on issues relevant to both a specialist paediatric hospital and a General Hospital that also has a paediatric department.
The group will examine different models of care and compare results across the member hospitals. What impact do they have on Emergency Access Targets? How is Length of stay effected? Is there an impact on re-presentations to the Emergency Department?
In addition, each Hospital will receive an extra version of the National standards Report, Hospital KPI Report, Emergency Report, Inpatient Briefings and a Top Ten Report adjusted to only include Paediatric patients. This will lead to much more meaningful comparisons across the membership group.
What do you need to do?
- Designate a key liaison contact for questions and follow-up.
- Regularly review updated reports for questions, comments or issues.
- Report on progress made on improvement aims.
- Organise a multi-disciplinary team to attend the annual workshops.
- Identify improvement objectives for implementation based on innovative ideas learnt.
What does The Health Roundtable do?
- Produce tailored ‘Paediatric only’ reports six monthly extracting data from the inpatient episode collection, highlighting trends and differences in performance.
- Invite expert speakers who can share innovative ideas on the key topic for the workshop.
- Facilitate the annual meeting, and provide help identifying innovative practices for implementation.
- Liaise with the Paediatric Steering Group to make sure The Health Roundtable data and meetings are relevant for your priorities.