Medication Improvement Group Workshop
19-20 June 2019 - Brisbane
Meeting Code HRT1908
The Medication Improvement Group was formed to bring together a multi-disciplinary group of Pharmacists, Physicians, Nurses and Quality and Safety practitioners, to identify variations in Prescribing, Dispensing and Distribution of Medications.
The theme for the 2019 meeting is Achieving better health outcomes from medicines: improving priorities and monitoring progress.
This meeting brings together a multi-disciplinary group of Pharmacists, Physicians, Nurses members of Hospital Drug Safety committees to identify “best practice” when considering Standard 4 of the ACQSHC standards
Aims to support hospitals in reducing adverse hospital events and complications that are attributed to medications
Identify “exemplar performers” in relation to medication safety practices
Share innovations in practices with an aim to improve patient and staff experience in relation to the dispensing and management of medication
What do you need to do?
- Designate a liaison representative as a key contact for this group, to coordinate communications including data and survey submissions, definitions, practices and policies
- Complete the pre-meeting survey to identify how you compare to other leading health services
- Identify an innovative practice at your health service to share with others at the meeting
- Organise a delegation of up to four people to attend the meeting
What does The Health Roundtable do?
- Work with key liaison contacts to plan pre-meeting survey and data collection process for the Roundtable meeting
- Provide data reports and briefing package prior to the meeting
- Facilitates the meeting to help you identify innovative practices and track progress on action plans
- Provides on-going support and one additional data collection round during the year